I won't take up your time with yet another commemoration of Steve Jobs, but I wanted to say this: pretty much everything on this site, including the software that started me blogging, is made with products he conceived. He created wonderful things — and I keep thinking that is Steve Jobs had grown up in, say, Syria, none of it would have seen the day. Also, you have to watch the video at the end of this.
- Ahmad Chalabi: humiliated in Beirut
- Mubarak’s Odious Debts - Saifedean Ammous - Project Syndicate
I think this argument is wrong, most of Egypt's debt is not foreign.
- WINEP: desperate for the token Arab
Very desperate indeed.
- Death sparks welfare debate in Gulf state - FT.com
- 6 October 1981: The day a dictator was killed