- Tunisia’s new constitution: progress and challenges to come | openDemocracy
Zaid al-Ali and Donia Ben Romdhane
- Convince, Coerce, or Compromise? Ennahda’s Approach to Tunisia’s Constitution | Brookings Institution
Monica Marks on Ennahda's internal politics.
- What was the thinking behind Libya’s transition? | THE DAILY STAR
Pete Cole urges patience.
- The Strategy of Egypt's Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis
Long War Journal's David Barnett
- The Egypt Effect: Sharpened Tensions, Reshuffled Alliances - Carnegie
Regional impact of July 3.
- Qatar’s leadership transition: like father, like son | ECFR
Andrew Hammond argues Qatar as Ikhwanophile as ever.
- An account of torture from Wadi al-Natrun prison | Mada Masr
- Cairobserver — Review: Ahdaf Soueif's Cairo
- Cairobserver — Second Print Edition of Cairobserver
- Luna of Cairo by Luna and Leela Corman - Narratively
Cute comic on life of foreign belly dancer in Cairo.
- Activist groups reject MB call to unite | Mada Masr
A (too) late apology from MB to revs.
- EU to grant Egypt €500 bn in aid | Egypt Independent
- U.S. Citizen Taken From His Apartment In Cairo By Egyptian Security Officials
- النائب العام يأمر بالتحقيق مع “بيبسي” بتهمة بث إعلانات تُحرض الشباب على التظاهر | ONA
Egypt Prosecutor orders investigation into Pepsi for ads encouraging youth to demonstrate
- Al-Qaeda made £50m from ransoms in 3 years, says British UN ambassador | Mail Online
- Priorities for Legislative Reform | Human Rights Watch
- The second death of Khaled Saeed | Mada Masr
On the eve of Jan 25, a look at the case and Facebook page that partly started it all
- Libya: Facing Economic Collapse in 2014
- EGYPT'S PRESIDENT: POLICE STATE HAS ENDED - AP
Happy new year, I guess.
- Dans l’oasis du Fayoum, au sud du Caire, les Frères musulmans rasent les murs
- Training Fighters of Future Across Gaza - NYTimes.com
- Does Egypt’s Vote Matter?
Ursula Lindsey on what the referendum signifies
- Democratic Republic of Zamalek
"Our official language will be a magical hybrid of Arabic, English and rural Filipino"
- Summary Of Egypt Aid Limits In The Omnibus Appropriations Bill
- A Recipe for Civil War? [PDF]
FRIDE's Kristina Kausch compares Egypt and Algeria
- Live updates: 98% of votes in 25 governorates in favour of draft constitution - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
Egyptian news site estimates approval rate
- Rumour and referendum in Egypt: Staying on side | The Economist
And another great one from Max Rodenbeck
- Voters come out after Imbaba blast | Mada Masr
A good story from Sarah Carr
- Keep Pollard Behind Bars - NYTimes.com
- Egypt’s Quest for Itself
Peter Harling and Yasser El Shimy.
- Arab gloom: This year can’t be as bad as the last | The Economist
Oh yes it can.
- No more negotiating | Mada Masr
An obituary for negotiations between the Brotherhood and the authorities
- Morocco launches process to normalize illegal immigrants
Hundreds of thousands of Sub-Saharan African immigrants hope to obtain residency
- Egypt Says 3 Journalists Will Be Held 15 More Days - NYTimes.com
- الحكم على «ماهينور المصري» و6 نشطاء آخرين بالحبس سنتين و50 ألف جنيه غرامة | أخبار الموجز
More April 6 activists sentenced to 2 years for protesting outside the Khaled Said trial in Alexandria
- A state in shackles | Mada Masr
Lina Atallah on the Egyptian state's self-damage
- Taking stock of 2013 | Mada Masr
The thoughts and concerns of journalists at a progressive local publication in Cairo
Last link dump of the year...
- West signals to Syrian opposition Assad may stay | Reuters
- To kill or not to kill: Army and politics in post-revolution Egypt - Al Jazeera English
- Preventing South Sudan’s Inferno - The Daily Beast
- Gabbling and Gobbling on the Nile | Jonathan Guyer
Thanksgiving in Cairo, featuring friends and colleagues of the Arabist
- Fighting in South Sudan: More accident than plot | The Economist
A strange so-called coup
- This Egyptian Constitution Poster Is A Total Disaster
Poster at press conferences misspells "Egyptians," features random white people from the internet
- Veritas Egypt
Bernard Kouchner attending what appears to be a pro-coup conference.
The latest in pseudo-NGO astroturf
- Questions on Drone Strike Find Only Silence - NYTimes.com
- Floundering in a mire of its own creation, the Saudi government is incapable of reform
- Why Egypt’s Army Is Bad At Doing Business
- Qaradawi’s War for Egypt
By WINEP mufti David Schenker - good example of Lobby/Gulf shared interests.
- forced to walk through sewage | In Gaza
Life in the Strip keeps getting worse.
Still more overdue links:
- A field guide to losing friends, influencing no one, and alienating the Middle East - Le Monde diplomatique
- مراسل إم بي سي ضحية التعذيب لـ«الضابط»: «أبوس رجلك اتعلمت الدرس»
Egyptian TV reporter arrested and tortured after argument with army officer
- Syrian Students Find a Haven in Rural Illinois
The Chronicle of Higher Education on Syrian students finding shelter at US universities
- Egypt's ousted president in high-security prison
After court session in which he insists he is still president
- U.S. Is Losing Advantage in Spying, Report Says - NYTimes.com
- Marvel Comics Introducing a Muslim Girl Superhero - NYTimes.com
- What to Make of Saudi Hand-Wringing - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Interesting piece by Fred Wehrey.