Long overdue as it's been a busy and hence slow blogging week. And the podcast will be back soon, we promise!
- Obama and the Palestinians: Less than impressed
- It’s a Charity! It’s a Movement! It’s the Muslim Brotherhood! - NYTimes.com
My latest for Latitude.
- Egyptian Women Blamed for Sexual Assaults - NYTimes.com
- Syrian refugees in Lebanon: And still they come | The Economist
- The Unbelievable Photos Taken by the Crazy Russians Who Illegally Climbed Egypt's Great Pyramid
Lucky bastards. But still bastards.
- IMF signals push to scrap energy subsidies - FT.com
Worldwide worth $1.9tn, Egypt among worst.
- Egypt: It’s the politics, stupid | The Economist
Sharp editorial urging national unity government.
- Lebanon: Be careful | The Economist
On the dangers lurking behind Mikati's resignation.
- Losses in union elections mean Brotherhood faces tough choices - Ahram Online
Another excellent Houdaiby piece.
- Egypt’s economy: Going to the dogs | The Economist
- Syria's Shiites offer different picture of war - latimes.com
Fear of Sunni repression.