Automatically posted links for January 14th:
- Daily Kos: Bush fawns over the U.A.E. - Great takedown of Bush's appraisal of UAE as "model society"
- Total, Suez, Areva to build two nuclear plants in Abu Dhabi - The Middle East nuclear race that really matters
- Bush Nudges Mideast on Democracy - Story number 129747247 on Bush abandoning democracy talk
- Official Version of Naval Incident Starts to Unravel - Tiny Iranian boats not aggressive and posed no threat
- Pursuing happiness behind the veil - The LAT's Jeffrey Fleishman: king of the mixed metaphor
- Islamists emerge in stifled Tunisia - Returnee mujahideen spell trouble
- Kuwait set to invest as Merrill seeks $4bn - Another big Gulfie investment in top Western financial firm
- EGYPT HOLDS ARMY OFFICERS FOR 'PLOTTING ISRAEL ATTACKS' - Now, if you were an Egyptian Islamist in the army, would it be Israel that's your target?
- EGYPT: Iraqi refugee return driven by lack of money IRIN Middle East | Middle East | Egypt | EGYPT: Iraqi refugee return driven by lack of money | Early Warning Refugees/IDPs | News Item - Iraqis fleeing death find poverty in Egypt