Links from my del.icio.us account for October 27th:
- The Al-Qaida We Don't Know: The Limits of the Counterterrorism Approach - Nathan Field advocates a less polisci, more humanities approach to understanding Islamist terrorist groups like al-Qaeda.
- Alger censure, avant sa parution, un livre "infamant" de Mohamed Benchicou - Afrique - Le Monde.fr - Algeria bans Mohamed Benchicou's latest book, accuses him among other things of anti-Semitism (against Nicolas Sarkozy). Benchicou had previously written a vitriolic bio of Bouteflika. [French, subs]
- Lebanon's Hariri, Nasrallah hold rare meeting - Yahoo! News - Weather, sports discussed in between uneasy silences
- “‘Exporting’, ‘Spreading’, or ‘Supporting’ Middle East Democracy” - POMED notes on Michele Dunne and James Traub's discussion of US democracy promotion, with special emphasis on Egypt and Pakistan [PDF]
- Chaos theory - The National Newspaper - Fawaz Gerges reviews Olivier Roy's latest
- AFP: Egypt police slammed over wife-swap scandal - EIPR courageously takes up "wife-swappers" privacy violation case