Links from my del.icio.us account for October 3rd through October 4th:
- Reuters AlertNet - Christian man killed in sectarian clash in Egypt - Forget sectarian tensions, security says this is just another Saidi stick-fighting/dancing incident: "Some security sources said fighting broke out after a Christian hardware merchant refused to give wooden sticks to Muslim minibus drivers.
They said the drivers had wanted the sticks for a fight with Muslim minibus drivers from a neighbouring town.
But others said a longstanding fight over land ownership between two families had spilled over after a man from the Christian family insulted a woman from the Muslim family."
- Center for Trade Union & Workers Services - The workers' rights NGO has an English-language blog
- BBC NEWS | Africa | Investigating 'Africa's Guantanamo' - An Ethiopian gulag, run by the US
- The mystery of bombs in Syria | Jihadist blowback? | The Economist - Making sense of the recent bomb in Syria, and its jihadist connection
- » Israel-Palestinians: trilateral scenario Middle East Strategy at Harvard - Debate over "trilateral scenario" for Palestine has Egyptian and Jordanian diplomats Nabil Fahmy and Marwan Muasher sparring with Zio-apologists. They come off as very reasonable compared the shrill comments left by the others.