Links from my del.icio.us account for October 5th through October 7th:
- Revealed: Radical cleric Bakri's pole-dancer daughter | Mail Online - "As the daughter of firebrand cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed, Yasmin Fostok might be expected to share his fanatical beliefs.
But the radical Muslim's daughter has ditched his extreme interpretation of Islam - as well as most of her clothing.
The busty blonde has been revealed as a topless, tattooed pole dancer. " You have to check out the pics.
- Yard probes Egyptian billionaire spy's death | UK news | The Observer - More mysteries around the Ashraf Marwan death: the manuscript of his memoirs and the shoes he wore the night of his death have disappeared.
- مصر: البحث عن «روح تشرين» في رماد العشوائيّة | جريدة الأخبار - On Mubarak's manipulation of his (exagerated) role in the 1973 war as his only remaining tool for claiming legitimacy. Interesting point about state press emphasis on aerial strike led by Mubarak in 1973 - rather than the crossing of the Canal?
- Khaleej Times Online - Egypt police thwart Islamist attempt to supply Gaza - MB / Labor humanitarian convoy stopped
- RAND | Monographs | More Freedom, Less Terror?: Liberalization and Political Violence in the Arab World - RAND report on the relationship between autocracy and terrorism