Links from my del.icio.us account for November 14th:
- Art's New Oasis - WSJ.com - On the I.M. Pei-designed Qatar Museum of Islamic Art, also features a gallery of up-and-coming contemporary artists.
- Washington Times - ABUNIMAH: Obama's ambiguity - Ali Abunimah in the Washington Times. I always thought Palestinian-Americans should seek alliances with the paleocons (the good conservatives!) as well as with the Left.
- Kingdom Without Borders: Saudi Arabia's Political, Religious, and Media Frontiers - New book on the Saudi politics of influence. I heard about this one coming and it looks like it'll be very interesting. Plus Angry Arab wrote a chapter so it's bound to be entertaining.
- Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State? - Oh God.
- Israel's Barak approved settlement construction: report
(AFP) - "AFP - Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak approved dozens of construction projects in Jewish settlements in the West Bank in recent months despite international commitments to freeze such activity, the Haaretz daily said on Friday." Which goes to show there are no doves in Israeli politics.
- Continued border closures force UN to suspend food aid to 750,000 Gazans - "The United Nations agency assisting Palestinian refugees was forced to suspend food distributions to half of Gaza's 1.5 million residents today since continued border closures have prevented the delivery of vital supplies for over a week."