Links from my del.icio.us account for December 9th through December 10th:
- Oxford Research Group: The Arab Peace Initiative: Why Now? - Document revisits the 2002 Arab Peace Plan, offers suggestions for revival. [PDF]
- MANIFESTO ON CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE FUTURE
OF FOOD SECURITY - Major document on food security and environment. [PDF]
- Contemporary Security Policy: A Tipping Point Realized? Nuclear Proliferation in the Persian Gulf and Middle
East - US military monograph on nuclear proliferation in the Persian Gulf, explores neo-realist theories, nuclear-free zone idea. [PDF]
- Obama’s Middle East Policy: What the Arab World Expects - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - Collection of articles about Arab expectations for Obama, includes writers Elias Khoury, Gamal Ghitani, and various political pundits, analysts and politicians.
- E-Notes: Where is Egypt Headed? - FPRI - Dan Kurtzer, former ambassador to Egypt and Israel and probable Obama appointee, on the future of US-Egypt relations.
- Israeli hardliners score well in Likud vote - Yahoo! News - "Among the strong performers were a former parliament speaker Reuven Rivlin, Benny Begin, the son of former prime minister Menachem Begin, and former army chief Moshe Yaalon -- all considered hawks who believe in a Greater Israel which includes the West Bank and the Gaza Strip"
- The Arab Obama Part 1: Caricatures of the the President-elect - Post on the cartoon representations of Obama in the Arab press.