Links from my del.icio.us account for December 12th:
- Arab Reform Bulletin - Modern Politics or the Politics of Modernity? - Fouad Ali al-Himma#039;s and Morocco#039;s obsession with quot;tradition and modernityquot;.
- Egyptian chronicles: Egyptian Da Vinci Code - Zeinobia on the book that got the Coptic Church huffin#039; and puffin#039;, quot;Azazel: The Devil Within,quot; which she describes as the Egyptian quot;Da Vinci Codequot;.
- Nobel Peace winner urges Obama to focus on Mideast - Yahoo! News - Martti Ahtisaari says MEPP should be priority.
- Israeli Arabs should live in Palestinian state: Livni - Yahoo! News - This is Israeli quot;centristquot; politics: take people#039;s land, then expel them and tell them they should feel happy they have something.
- TPMCafe | Talking Points Memo | Palestinian statelessness is an American Jewish achievement - Philip Weiss discusses the Avraham Burg book, stressing the moral responsibility of American Jewry for the perpetuation of the conflict over Palestine. Part of a larger debate on the book.
- New Statesman - On a sea of stories - Hugh Kennedy reviews the new translation of the Arabian Nights.