Links from my del.icio.us account for November 30th through December 2nd:
- Foreign Affairs - A War to Start All Wars - Shlomo Ben-Ami reviews Benny Morris' "1948: A History of the First Arab-Israeli War," reiterates importance of two-state solution following 48 lines (i.e. pre-1967).
- Obama mulls ex-ambassador to Israel, Daniel Kurtzer, as special Mideast envoy - Haaretz - Israel News - This would be a good pick, all things considered. A talented man.
- Une histoire palestinienne - Les blogs du Diplo - Very sad story about a Palestinian who was arrested, imprisoned, and tortured by the Israeli Shabak (domestic intelligence) for taking part in a Palestinian-Israeli peace meeting. Although released he has subsequently been threatened against taking legal action.
- TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Hillary To Be Named Secretary Of State Tomorrow In Chicago - Pretty much confirmed.
- What to Do - The New York Review of Books - Paul Krugman's advice on the economic crisis: resurrect John Maynard Keynes.