Links from my del.icio.us account for December 8th through December 9th:
- LRB · Robert Vitalis: Sons and Heirs - Vitalist reviews Steve Coll's "The Bin Ladens".
- ei: Israel's "Auschwitz borders" revisited - Ali Abunimah article, illustrated with "Arabs to the gas chambers" picture. I like the way it ends: "The Holocaust lesson that I learned at school is that we are obliged not to wait until things are as bad as Auschwitz before we speak out and act."
- Israël devra attendre - Euro-MPs, going against French presidency of EU and Foreign Affairs commission wishes, postpone move towards closer ties with Israel, noting that it has "violated all of its commitments, notably with regards to human rights." Finally a sign of some democratic representation in EU decision-making, even though increasing ties without a permanent peace settlement should not be even considered at all.
- Israel's West Bank system like apartheid: rights group - Yahoo! News - Association for Civil Rights in Israel.
- Jimmy Carter writes new book on Middle East - Yahoo! News - Book is "We Can Being Peace To The Holy Land."