Links from my del.icio.us account for May 18th through May 21st:
- World’s Poor Pay Price as Crop Research Is Cut - New York Times - Post-Green Revolution cuts in agro R&D has its role in surging food prices
- Le Monde.fr : Taslima Nasreen, éternelle proscrite - Asie-Pacifique - Bengali writer threatened by Islamists on the run
- Le Monde.fr : L'offensive du Hezbollah aggrave la "guerre des ondes" au Liban - Proche-Orient - Article looks at Hizbullah's shut-down of the Mustaqbal media group, fears of diminished freedom of expression in Lebanon
- Almasry Alyoum: Egyptian-American Confrontation At Davos Forum - "President Mubarak has deliberately left the main hall without waiting to hear Bush's speech, as the latter arrived an hour after the start of the meeting and missed Mubarak's speech."
- LRB · Donald MacKenzie: End-of-the-World Trade - Nothing to do (directly) with Middle East, but take the time and effort to read this and you will know a lot more about modern finance and the current economic crisis, and from that it's not tough to see where major Arab sovereign funds come in