Links from my del.icio.us account for August 30th:
- Daily News Egypt - EGYPT BANS ‘EYE ON DEMOCRACY’ TAPING - Al Hurra show on democracy in Egypt banned by security before taping
- FT.com / World - Wealth weighs heavily on Gulf Arabs - Rich gulfies = fat bastards
- FT.com / World - Pegged to a money illusion - An argument for depegging GCC currencies to the dollar
- FT.com / World - Viewers fall for soap’s Turkish delight - Roula Khalaf on the Noor phenomenon
- L'Italie va indemniser la Libye pour la période coloniale - Europe - Le Monde.fr - Italy pays Lybia $5bn over 25 years in compensation for colonialism. Ask yourself: how much will big Italian energy firms like ENI will make from Lybian oil over the next 25 years?
- Letter from Rangoon: Drowning: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker - Don't miss this excellent piece on Burma by George Packer, which explores many of the dilemnas of what to do about dictatorship
- Military Sending Foreign Fighters to Home Nations - NYTimes.com - Program similar to rendition, except prisoners have ICRC access