Links from my del.icio.us account for September 16th through September 17th:
- Daily News Egypt - HOMELESS DUWEIQA VICTIMS FORCIBLY REMOVED FOLLOWING PROTEST - “They swore at us, hit us with sticks and used dogs against us,” resident Hala Ismail, who is pregnant, told Daily News Egypt.
- FT.com / World - Mideast states urged to prop up stocks - Don't you just love welfare capitalism?
- Egypt » Blog Archive » Shia Scholars Respond to Qaradawi’s Comments - Follow the links on Nathan Field's posts on Sheikh Qaradawy's moronic comments on Shias
- With White House Push, U.S. Arms Sales Jump - NYTimes.com - Expanding arm sales by the US and other major arms producers are explained by strategic rivalry in this story -- but why do they ignore domestic lobbying by weapons manufacturers and foreign agents?
- Egypt hunts cell planning to kidnap Israelis in Sinai - Haaretz - Israel News - "This is a specific and focused organization," a security official said yesterday. "This is a serious warning. We know what organizations and individuals are involved in the [planned] kidnapping, what their targets are and where they plan on transferring the captives."