Links from my del.icio.us account for January 18th through January 20th:
- Ex-Senator Considered as Envoy to Mideast - NYTimes.com - George Mitchell has never been strong on the Israelis - all he previously stated was that "freezing" settlement construction (rather than reversing) was desirable - but if he brings the same skills as he did on Northern Ireland he would be a big improvement. Let's see if the Obama administration will continue to play from the Israeli songbook.
- Antiwar.com Blog · They Lob Chutzpah Bombs Too - Lobby is peddling "homegrown gravitas" op-eds across US local papers - different authors, same article.
- UNPROTECTED Palestinians in Egypt since 1948: International Development Research Centre - Book on Palestinian refugees in Egypt available for download.
- The Gaza Crisis: Excerpts from the Middle East Media - Articles in translation from Mideastwire.com [PDF]
- Until the end of time - The National Newspaper - Thomas Hegghammer reviews a book about the apocalypse in Islam.
- U.S. and U.A.E. to Sign Nuclear-Cooperation Pact - WSJ.com - US-UAE work on nukes, but will this impose fetters on fuel supply and use?