Links from my del.icio.us account for January 2nd through January 5th:
- YouTube - Nassrallah VS. Egypt - Video of Nasrallah#039;s attack on Egypt#039;s policy towards Gaza.
- In Gaza, the real enemy is Iran - Los Angeles Times - Israelis Yossi Halevi and Michael Oren (can you be taken seriously as a historian when you deny reality in this way?) bring out the party line, that Hamas is just an Iranian proxy, an argument which serves to delegitimize the claims of Palestinians to their land.
- Egypt denies Kadhafi's son permission to land at airport - Yahoo! News - Seif al-Islam Qadhafi denied permission to enter Egypt to go to Gaza.
- WEST BANK: Rounded up in a Hamas crackdown | Babylon Beyond | Los Angeles Times - The LAT#039;s Ashraf Khalil gets arrested in the West Bank by PA police for covering a Hamas demo in Ramallah. Ask yourselves: would he have been arrested if he was not Arab-looking?
- GAZA STRIP: In praise of Al Jazeera | Babylon Beyond | Los Angeles Times - The LAT#039;s Ashraf Khalil praises al-Jazeera#039;s extensive coverage of the strikes on Gaza, and gets the trolls on attack mode. The point made in this blog post is that the images you see on al-J you will never, ever see on a US TV station - and why that#039;s the case is a good question to ask.