Links from my del.icio.us account for January 6th:
- Egypt denies Mubarak said Israel must win war on Hamas - Yahoo! News - Headline speaks for itself.
- » War in Gaza: no upside for Egypt Middle East Strategy at Harvard - Steven Cook analyses the fallout for Egypt - I basically agree with him that there is little for Egypt to gain out of this, despite all the conspiracy theories.
- LobeLog.com » Blog Archive » Nelson Report Says Ross Will Get Iran File - Nelson Report claims Dennis Ross to become Special Envoy to Iran, Richard Haass envoy to Israel-Palestine. Ross has taken a very hardline position towards Iran in the past.
- Interview with Former Fatah Security Chief: Hamas's 'Sole Strategy is Destruction and Chaos' - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International - Der Spiegel interviews Dahlan. Among other things he says: quot; Yes, we still haven#039;t learned from our election defeat. The election of a new leadership is long overdue.quot; A challenge to Abbas?
- Analysis: Nothing good to say, Obama mum on Gaza - Yahoo! News - Since you can wave aside the quot;only one president at a timequot; argument since Obama is making statements on other issues, his silence on Gaza yet again reminds me not so much of his clear pro-Israel bias, but also of his cowardice (as displayed throughout his campaign, notably during the Khalidi Affair.) What#039;s he afraid of?
- Egypt faces renewed spectre of Gaza responsibility - Yahoo! News - Mubarak speaks out against quot;let Egypt have Gazaquot; plan.
- John R. Bolton - The Three-State Option - washingtonpost.com - John Bolton, here peddling the quot;Jordanian optionquot; and quot;Gaza to Egypt,quot; can#039;t even bring himself to write Palestine without putting it in quote marks.
- International Crisis Group - B26 Ending the War in Gaza - ICG report argues war will not bring any lasting progress on general situation, highlights wrong-headed policies of international community and suggests joint control of borders with Hamas, along with more serious mediation, should be way out.