Links from my del.icio.us account for January 8th:
- Middle East Report Online: Birth Pangs of a New Palestine by Mouin Rabbani - The great Mouin Rabbani thoroughly (and humanly!) analyzes the causes and possible outcomes of the Gaza crisis.
- How Not to Make Peace in the Middle East - The New York Review of Books - Agha and Malley review big Mideast peace books by Kurtzer, Miller and Indyk; find they were right all along. A good overview of the failures of Bush and Clinton and a call for a shift from both approaches to US mideast policy.
- ICRC: Israel delayed access to wounded for days - Yahoo! News - quot;GENEVA – The Red Cross accused Israel Thursday of quot;unacceptablequot; delays in letting rescue workers reach three Gaza City homes hit by shelling where they eventually found 15 dead and 18 wounded, including young children too weak to stand.quot;
- Le Figaro - International : Le cri d'alarme de Suzanne Moubarak - Le Figaro#039;s Georges Malbrunot got three questions to Mama Suzanne. Note that she asks for the very quot;humanitarian ceasefirequot; and humanitarian corridors that her husband delayed in asking for or implementing.
- Problems at Israel's Haaretz: Newspaper Without a Country - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International - Profile of Haaretz newspaper, and how its politics are changing.