Links from my del.icio.us account for January 7th through January 8th:
- UN Says No Hamas Fighters Were in Bombed Gaza School - Yahoo! News - quot;United Nations investigators say they have uncovered no evidence to support a claim by the Israeli military that Hamas fighters were holed up in a Gaza school, prompting a deadly attack by Israeli forces that killed 40 civilians, many of them children.quot;
- Abu Aardvark: Jordan at the brink, again - Marc Lynch highlights regime intrigue in Jordan. O how I would love for positive outcome out of this Gaza catatrophe by seeing regime change in any of these countries.
- Joe the Plumber to cover Gaza op - Israel News, Ynetnews - I wonder if he will actually got to Gaza, or even just talk to Palestinians, or just embed with the IDF. Note he is being send by the fanatically right-wing Zionist bloggers#039; group Pajamas Media.
- FT.com / US / Politics Foreign policy - Obama picks Ross as Mideast envoy - Ross confirmed as roving Middle East envoy, after Nelson report tip-off. Suggests massive waste of time, misdirection and sabotage of peace may be ahead, if past behavior is anything to go by.
- ANALYSIS / Gaza op has put an end to Israel's honeymoon with Turkey - Haaretz - Israel News - Turkey-Israel rapprochement suffering. Good. Erdogan#039;s speech on Gaza was excellent, the kind of speech that the leader of a morally forthright and confident nation (not saying Turkey is perfect) makes. We don#039;t hear that a lot round these parts.
- Diplomatic efforts near deadlock in search for Israel-Hamas deal | World news | The Guardian - UN fighting over what words to use about Gaza. Pathetic.
- A Tiny Revolution: Telling the Truth About Palestinian Moral Failings - On how the Atlantic#039;s Jeffrey Goldberg, leading Israel defendant among supposed A-class American journalists, continues to astound by reaching new levels of assholeness: here he highlights the enormous crime of Hamas showing children#039;s dead bodies on TV.
- Egypt says Israel, Hamas, Palestinians set talks - Yahoo! News - A minor quibble with this headline: are Hamas not Palestinian?
- Ogle Earth: Gaza maps, updated - Updated UNOSAT map, overlayed with Google Earth.