Links from my del.icio.us account for February 16th:
- One on One: 'I was the resident skeptic' | Jerusalem Post - Elliott Abrams' long interview with what may be his favorite paper.
- Abbas says won't start from scratch in peace talks - More settlements: "Israel meanwhile declared a large patch of land in the occupied West Bank state land, paving the way for a new settlement there despite repeated demands from the Palestinians and the international community to halt such activities."
- TPM | Israel mulls releasing uprising leader to Abbas - "JERUSALEM, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Israel could release Palestinian uprising leader Marwan Barghouthi to bolster President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah faction before any prisoner swap with Hamas, an Israeli political source said on Sunday." Hopefully he won't just bolster Abbas, he'll replace him (although I do like that other Barghouti, Mustafa.)
- How do you say 'hasbarah' in Arabic? | Middle East | Jerusalem Post - Former Israeli ambassador to Egypt is editing a website to bring Israel's point of view to Arab audiences. It selects articles from "liberal" Arab writers and promotes them, among other things. Sounds like MEMRI in Arabic.
- TelQuel : Le Maroc tel qu'il est - Revisiting the 10 July 1971 coup attempt in Skhirat that nearly overthrew Hassan II and possibly the Moroccan monarchy.
- FT.com / World - Saudi king speeds reforms - Saudi reshuffle aims to marginalize Wahhabi religious establishment.