Links from my del.icio.us account for February 1st through February 2nd:
- Pro-Palestinian groups call boycott on Israel - Yahoo! News - At World Social Forum, activists trying to stop Mercosur-Israel trade deal.
- Dans la tête de Amr Moussa - The Amr Moussa Davos shuffle - should he stay or should he go now?
- How democracy loses its footing in Middle East - Idiocy and narrow-mindedness of a kind only achievable a former New York Times journalist.
- Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool - Los Angeles Times - Gitmo out, but rendition still in.
- FT.com / Columnists / Jackie Wullschlager - Saatchi and Middle East art - Argues that Saatchi has been unable to do inernationally what he did with the Young British Artists, and that his Middle Eastern picks are particularly bad, especialling the paintings. Interesting in the context of the massive interest in Arab and Iranian art in recent years.
- Almasry Alyoum | Egyptian Scientist Discovers Bacteria To Purify Sewage In Seven Minutes - This story reminds me of Angry Arab's rants against al-Nahar's Lebanophilia. Sounds cool, though.