Links from my del.icio.us account for February 26th through February 28th:
- Inanities: Akunt - Sarah Carr's account of the dismal failure that was the Akon concert in Cairo.
- The Daily Star - Opinion Articles - A framework for an enhanced international role in Gaza - Ezzedine Choukri offers suggestions on how the international community should approach Gaza's reconstruction and push for Palestinian reconciliation.
- British author: Rabin asked Jordan to arrange secret visit with Saddam - Haaretz - Israel News - "In early summer 1995, a few months before his assassination, prime minister Yitzhak Rabin asked Jordan's King Hussein to approach Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein on his behalf and arrange a joint visit by Rabin and Hussein to Baghdad, according to Nigel Ashton, author of "King Hussein: A political Life" (Yale University Press). "
- Cavafy read out on NYRB - Daniel Mendelsohn reads three selections from his new translation of Cavafy: "Nero's Deadline," "One of Their Gods," and "Myres: Alexandria in 340 AD." [MP3]
- Middle East and North Africa - Update on the Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Arab Countries - World Bank sees return of migrant workers from GCC, weakening social safety nets in non-oil export high population countries, leading to rising social pressures on governments.