Links from my del.icio.us account for March 1st:
- The Associated Press: American stabbed in Egypt unfazed by attack - Glutton for punishment.
- Report: Obama helicopter security breached - White House- msnbc.com - Plans for Marine One found to have been inadvertently shared over P2P and ended up in Iran. That's why you should use BitTorrent and not services like Kazaa or Limewire.
- Wikileaks cracks NATO's Master Narrative for Afghanistan - Wikileaks - Reveals line press handlers were supposed to take, Jordan's continued participation in ISAF.
- An End to Baghdad's 'Dark Era' - washingtonpost.com - Surreal story about Baghdad night club where US soldiers and Iraqis mingle, which was started by US military grant for small businesses. Sign that things are getting better, for sure, but a little too Good Morning Vietnam perhaps?
- Nasrallah's popularity waning? - Israel News, Ynetnews - I think this is true, Egyptian popular reaction to the Nasrallah speech turned the tide against him and allowed Egyptian pro-government commentators to make the argument that while Egypt was trying to secure a ceasefire, Nasrallah did not do anything for Hamas beyond rhetoric and even disavowed rocket launches from south Lebanon.