Links from my del.icio.us account for March 5th through March 15th:
- Passeports comoriens en vente libre pour les sans-papiers du Golfe - Afrique - Le Monde.fr - Comoros Islands sell citizenship to Gulf "bidoun" for 2000 euros. Ironic that a country that is partly disappearing (due to rising sea levels) is doing this...
- Egypt fatwa: Community can force divorce - UPI.com - More stupid hesba fatwas - except now this sheikh says people can be divorced by their communities not only for religious reasons but also "if the couple's differences appear irreconcilable."
- Middle East Report Online: Wanted: Omar al-Bashir—and Peace in Sudan by Khalid Mustafa Medani - Praises ICC decision but argues that real issue is how to further peace in Sudan's multiple conflicts.
- The assault on Charles Freeman (part 2) | Stephen M. Walt - More from Stephen Walt on the hysteric reaction to the appointment of Chas Freeman.
- European Conflict Management in the Middle East: Toward a More Effective Approach - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - As I always say: "Although Europe actively tries to manage Middle East crises it undermines its economic, political, and security interests by assuming a secondary role to the United States and following its policy line." The US, with its extremist Zionist control over foreign policy, is out of play. The EU has to get balls.
- Die Gaddafi-Partei Österreich - Austria's Qadhafi Party. Yes, as in Lybian leader Muammar Qadhafi.