Links from my del.icio.us account for April 23rd through April 24th:
- Dissent Magazine | After Gaza: The Road Ahead - Michael Walzer, a liberal supporter of Israel, starts talking about a three-state solution. But Israel and the PA alone won't even agree on a fair two-state solution!
- LRB · Jeremy Harding: The Money that Prays - On Islamic finance.
- Harman Wiretap Highlights Suspicions – Forward.com - "WASHINGTON — Leaks of wiretap transcripts involving a member of Congress and a “suspected Israeli agent” have shone a rare light on the scope of suspicion the American intelligence establishment harbors toward Israel and its supporters." You don't fucking say - could it be all the engaging in various kinds of espionage - notably industrial?
- bitterlemons-international.org - Middle East Roundtable - "For all the verbal fireworks coming out of Cairo, Egypt's campaign against the Lebanese Hizballah movement may not amount to much in the end. We're talking after all about a country that cannot even exert significant influence over events in neighboring Gaza and that cannot rein in the Palestinian Hamas movement there to which it is ostensibly not well disposed either. To think that it can counter Hizballah in any meaningful way in its Lebanese home base or anywhere else in the region, beyond its own borders, seems farfetched."
- Mubarak to Hezbollah: Beware of Egypt's wrath - Haaretz - Israel News - All of you LOTR fans out there, this is Mubarak-as-Sauron: "Hosni's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift."