Links from my del.icio.us account for April 25th:
- Do the Palestinians Really Want a State? - The Atlantic (April 21, 2009) - Yes, and fuck you you pathetic apologist for Jewish supremacist theories.
- China gold reserves surge; it's No. 5 holder - MarketWatch - Next they'll blow a dirty bomb near Fort Knox and thus monopolize the gold market, killing anyone who tries to stop them with a steel-brimmed hat. Exactly like Oddjob in Goldfinger.
- US-MIDEAST: Obama and Netanyahu - Storm Clouds Ahead? - Helena Cobban.
- PM spokesman: Naming Gaza op 'Cast Lead' was a PR mistake - Haaretz - Israel News - What is wrong with these people: "I didn't like the name," Mark Regev, the prime minister's spokesman for international media, told a crowd of some 150 listeners in English. "From a public relations point of view, it was a mistake." Regev, who immigrated to Israel from Australia in 1982, said at the Modi'in municipality, "The Israel Defense Forces chooses its names by some computer or by some system which I don't understand. And the truth is that the Hebrew name Oferet Yetzuka [referring to Hanukkah dreidels] sounds lovely. It's the translation into English which sounds inappropriate."
- Arabs 4 Orientalism - Mango Girl on how Arabs are the biggest buyers of Orientalist art.