Links from my del.icio.us account for April 29th through April 30th:
- tabsir.net » 10 Conceptual Sins - “10 Conceptual Sins” in Analyzing Middle East Politics - a good list of typical mistakes made by Western analysts on regional politics.
- Conflict over but situation of Gaza's children still precarious' - UNICEF - "The recent hostilities in Gaza may be over but the continuing Israeli blockade and inter-Palestinian tensions are hampering recovery efforts and having a particularly negative effect on the situation of children, the United Nations warned today."
- Almasry Alyoum | The Day Pigs Were Slain In Egypt - Egypt starting killing its 350,000 or so pigs in reaction to swine flu - by presidential decree. But govt trying to use this to move farms away from residential area, which involves grabbing some pretty valuable land.
- Algeria Rap Rips Government Repression as Outlet for Discontent - Bloomberg.com - On Maghrebi hip-hop. But Berber is not "a language of people across the Sahara desert".
- Obama move alarms Israel supporters - Los Angeles Times - Reduction ad hitlerum: "The administration's proposal [to fund a Palestinian National Unity Govt] is akin to agreeing to support a government that "only has a few Nazis in it," Rep. Mark Steven Kirk (R-Ill.) told Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton at a House hearing last week." [Thanks, SP]