Links from my del.icio.us account for May 11th:
- Le journal hebdomadaire | Le retour de la torture - Feature on the "return" of torture as major issue in Morocco, after hopes that truth and equity process may have turned a page on bad old days of Hassan II.
- Jailed Iran reporter 'to be free' - Roxana Saberi to be freed, but banned from working in Iran for five years. She will be allowed to return to the US.
- Almasry Alyoum | Immigrant Copts Will Hold Demonstrations For Six Hours Before The White House When Mubarak Meets With Obama - US Copts planning White House protest during Mubarak visit. Church not happy.
- Daily News Egypt - BASIC NEEDS IN GAZA ARE YET TO BE MET - John Holmes, the UN humanitarian chief in Gaza: "For the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip to improve, life saving assistance and basic reconstruction needs must be decoupled from the security and political agendas. If the Israeli-Palestinian peace that has been sought for over 60 years, and more recently inter-Palestinian reconciliation, remain preconditions for improving living conditions, the Gaza Strip risks being dependent on handouts for years to come, with all that implies for the Palestinians in Gaza and their future attitudes."
- Did U.S. help Lebanon crack alleged Israeli spy rings? - Haaretz - Israel News - US security training led to catching spies? "Lebanon arrested five people over the weekend suspected of belonging to an intelligence cell transmitting information about Hezbollah to Israel, the most recent arrests in a two-month crackdown apparently aided by American training and equipment."
- 'Obama peace plan: Muslim world must recognize Israel' - Haaretz - Israel News - Absurd.