Links from my del.icio.us account for May 12th:
- FT.com / Middle East - Hizbollah confirms broad aid for Hamas - Background on FT's interview with Naim Qassem: "“We have always said that we supported the resistance in Palestine but we have not mentioned how or given details of such support,” Sheikh Qassem said, in a rare interview at a secret location in southern Beirut. “But Egypt has now revealed that we have given military support to Palestine. We have done so for a while but we have not talked about it.”"
- FT.com / UK - Transcript: FT interview with deputy chief of Hizbollah - Naim Qassem: "What I would say is this: America’s biggest mistake is its relationship with Israel and its relationship with the Palestinians. Its relationship with Israel is like they are the be all and end all, they are everything, and everything they say is true and right. While with the Palestinians, they forget that these are a people who have a country and people who have rights."
- Daily News Egypt - KEFAYA, OPPOSITION FORCES TO STAGE PROTESTS DURING UPCOMING OBAMA VISIT - Kefaya leader Abdel Halim Qandil: “Obama’s choice of Egypt to address the Muslim world is a form of reward to the Egyptian regime that serves American interests in the region, especially with regards to the Palestinian conflict."
- Amira Hass / Israel knows that peace just doesn't pay - Haaretz - Israel News - No one is better than Amira Hass on the occupation.
- This is London – the capital of Somali pirates' secret intelligence operation | World news | The Guardian - Somali pirates controlled by organized crime from London, shipping capital of the world.