Links from my del.icio.us account for May 4th:
- Gulfnews: Israel will offer no more than tactical concessions - Oxford Analytica: "Conclusion: In Washington, Netanyahu is unlikely to reject US regional policy outright, or say 'no' to the president. Instead, he is more likely to emphasise caveats, confronting the Obama administration with a frustrating set of obstructions, delays and diversions."
- Au Caire, l'abattage des cochons provoque des affrontements - Planète - Le Monde.fr - Excellent article on the pighunt in Manshiyet Nasr.
- Lawrence of Cyberia: Ha'aretz Meets The Soft Bigotry Of Low Expectations, And Still Manages To Fail - Exactly: "I hear so many Americans talk gushingly about Ha'aretz that I always feel a bit like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas whenever I suggest that, despite having some remarkable quality journalists on its staff, Ha'aretz is overall far less "liberal" than its reputation deserves. (I think the exact term I may have used for it in an earlier post was,"collectively and institutionally a piece of propagandizing crap")." Watch out for the Zvis.
- Lifting the veil is touchy topic in Egypt - The National - On downgrading from the niqab and that vermin Youssef al-Badri.
- Fact: Jews are a minority in Israel/Palestine. Isn't this a recipe for apartheid? - "According to the data provided by the Central Bureau of Statistics and by the CIA, the Israeli government rules over 11.43 million people at this time. Of those, 5.6 million people are Jewish, while 5.83 million people are not Jewish (2.46 million Palestinians in the West Bank, 1.55 million Palestinians residing in the Gaza Strip, 1.5 million Palestinians who are citizens of the State of Israel, and another 0.32 million people characterized as “other non-Jews.”)"
- Almasry Alyoum | Pig Battles Flare In Cairo And Qalyubia - "In Egypt, the security services clashed with the owners of pig farms on Salah Salem Street yesterday. They threw stones at the police, which responded with tear gas and rubber bullets, arresting eight. Similar clashes erupted in Qalyubia."