- The Only Democracy?
New site by Jewish Voices for Peace to give the lie to notion that Israel is a Western-style democracy.
- New Left Project | Articles | Book Extract: Israel’s assault on Gaza - a case of self-defence?
- The ElBaradei phenomenon | FP Passport
Blake Hounshell of Foreign Policy, on my ElBaradei piece and more.
- Egypt's presidential election takes to Facebook | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Facebook groups for Mubarak can't muster more than a few hundred.
- The Angry Arab News Service/وكالة أنباء العربي الغاضب: Eugene Rogan,The Arabs: A History. A Critical Review.
Review of Rogan's "The Arabs"
- Ahmed Chalabi's renewed influence in Iraq concerns U.S. - washingtonpost.com
- 'Made in Israel': EU Court Allows Duties on Products from the Settlements - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
"Europe's highest court ruled that goods manufactured in Israeli settlements in the West Bank cannot be imported into the European Union duty-free, like all other products made within Israel's 1967 borders. The decision also fortifies the EU's stance against Israel's settlement policy in the Palestinian territories."
- A year after Israeli assault, uneasy peace settles over Gaza - World AP - MiamiHerald.com
McClatchy's Dion Nisselbaum farewell story on Israel/Palestine.
- FT.com / Books / Non-Fiction - The Future of Islam
Eugene Rogan on John Esposito.
- FT.com / Reportage - Exclusive Claude Lévi-Strauss cartoon
Very nice comic on the father of structuralism.
- Daily News Egypt - Egypt Inviting Private Firms To Build, Run Services
Public services tendered to private sector — but who will ensure quality control?
- The Associated Press: Ex-UN nuclear chief: change in Egypt is inevitable
Interview with AP.
- ‘Two-State Solution’ Faces a Patchwork of Challenges – Forward.com
Part of a special on the two-state solution, focusing on the settlements.