Over 60 links after the jump — and I think that will be it for the weekend.
- Defense Budget Resources 2011
Tons of info about US defense spending.
- State Department Unveils Human Rights Review
POMED offers a country breakdown.
- Dubai Investigation Exposes Israeli Ops in USA | Dissident Voice
A round-up of US connections to the Mabhuh murder.
- Israel orders army to seal off West Bank for 48 hours (AFP)
- Exclusive: Hillary to headline AIPAC conference
More selling out.
- Welcome to Israel, Mr. Vice-President!
More on Biden in Jlem.
- What Biden told Netanyahu behind closed doors: "This is starting to get dangerous for us"
Israel's Yedioth Ahronoth today, headline: "Biden: You’re Jeopardizing Regional Peace"
- The Race for the Iraqi Presidency
Michael Hanna says Kurds in a position of strength.
- Israel’s Challenge to the U.S. - Room for Debate Blog - NYTimes.com
Good post by M. Dunne and A. Atallah.
- FT.com / Comment / Analysis - US intelligence: Tribal warfare
On divisioms in US intelligence.
- Only In Egypt: A Six Month Prison Sentence For Wael Abbas In A Fabricated Case on Which He Was Already Acquitted
Another report on the sentence against Wael Abbas.
- الحكم بحبس المدون وائل عباس 6 أشهر - بوابة الشروق
Wael Abbas sentenced to six months in prison!?!?
- Incendie à la sûreté de wilaya d’Alger détruit 3.000 dossiers de corruption
Fire destroys documents on corruption investigations.
- Mideast feels 'tricked' by nuclear arms treaty - Yahoo! News
Can't blame them when Israel allowed to get away because it didn't sign the NPT.
- Libya may Favor Chinese and Russian Oil Firms over US Asharq Alawsat Newspaper (English)
Qadhafi may see less problematic partners East.
- The Grand Imams of Al-Azhar (Shuyukhul Azhar)
Timeline of al-Azhar sheikhs.
- FT.com / Iran - Shell halts supplies to Iran
Another company stops supplying Iran.
- Going after Jordan's Al Capone?
Corruption crackdown in Amman. But when your king is on the take from the CIA, what do you expect?
- 120 Assiut homes demolished; residents allege police violence | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Dispossession of shantytown dwellers.
- Saudi jailed and flogged for gay video
Scandal over fake police gay video.
- Op-Ed Columnist - Pilgrim Non Grata in Mecca - NYTimes.com
Stupid, pointless, and badly written.
- Relationships I « The Moor Next Door
Cool chart on the Algerian regime.
- Libya-Switzerland feud deepens as Gaddafi faces travel ban
This is actually a quite interesting story, huge business ramifications.
- ElBaradei's week in Egypt | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Former FM Ahmed Maher tentatively backs ElBaradei.
- The economics of free expression
Whitaker on Rupert Murdoch's Arab ambitions.
- Jerusalem: A city that should be shared | The Economist
Interesting facts and details in this report.
- Iraq At Eye Level | Foreign Policy
Roundtable chat with leading Western journos in Iraq on the elections.
- Boycott, Divest From, and Sanction Israel?: A Debate on BDS with Omar Barghouti and Rabbi Arthur Waskow
- Israel must talk to Hamas before it's too late - Haaretz
- Reuters AlertNet - FACTBOX-Who could lead Egypt after President Mubarak?
They forgot about Safwat — wasn't Abdel Moneim Said talking about that for a while?
- Palestine already exists on film - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition
On Palestinian cinema.
- Marty Peretz doesn’t trust Arabs, or his readers
TNR editor does his usual crap.
- Egypt's political stability turning to liability? | World | Reuters
Succession issue beginning to worry investors.
- Obama's Middle East Democracy Problem - By Barbara Slavin | Foreign Policy
Barbara Slavin on Obama's Egypt policy: it don't amount to much.
- FT.com / Middle East / Politics & Society - Assassination draws UAE into regional strife
The impact on Dubai.
- Egypt’s Cyber Battles: An Ambivalent Relationship With The Internet
Good piece by Sarah Carr.
- Freedoms Committee Supports Calls Against ‘Atheist’ Blogs
Atheist bloggers under threat, shame on journo syndicate.
- Reflections on Iran’s Foreign Policy: Spiritual Pragmatism
Essay from Iranian international relations journal.
- Hamas slaying in Dubai ripples worldwide
A nice wrap-up of major leads on Mabhuh killing so far.
- Pricey real estate deals in Dubai raise questions about Azerbaijan's president - washingtonpost.com
Dodgy Dubai: Azerbaijan ruling family's real estate business.
- Naji Hamdan's Nightmare
Lebanese-US citizen tortured in UAE.
- Iran steps up pressure on journalists
Iran's war against the independent press.
- There has never been an Israeli peace camp - Haaretz
Gideon Levy: "The Israeli peace camp didn't die. It was never born in the first place."
- Palestinian Sees Lesson Translating an Israeli’s Work - NYTimes.com
Palestinian translates Amos Oz. Interesting, but does NYT only do positive stories on Pals when they embrace Israeli culture?
- FT.com / Media - Abu Dhabi hopes high for media forum
Can I get an invite?
- Khomeinism in Iraq
On the rise?
- Egypt's Sewedy opens 40 mln euro wind plants (Reuters)
First major green tech factory in Egypt?
- Mubarak Is Fine And He Eats Yogurt
Oh yes he does.
- Egypt military court releases blogger in army case (Reuters via Yahoo! UK & Ireland News)
Let go after apologizing.
- Mossad: Might or myth?
- Finkelstein in Prague
Stormin' Norman lectures.
- Malley & Harling on M.E. regional dynamics
Cobban wishes they'd taken the next step. Two good op-eds for the price of one.
- Pro-Israel bunch to Turkish military: "Do it already!"
The lobby agitates against Turkey (question: where did they stand on the recent Armenia congressional resolution?)
- Report: Hamas admits losing control in Gaza - Haaretz
In letter to Meshaal, Gaza leader admits challenges.
- Region wakes up to sustainable potential | Special Report | MEED
On environmental initiatives in the region, mostly the Gulf.
- Internet Archive: Free Download: Mubarak is Dead مبارك مات
Very funny song.
- The Moroccan Equations • Talk Morocco
Very interesting criticism of the king's beloved projects.
- Rose El-Youssef Fined Le 50,000 For Defaming Brotherhood Member
Good for Gamal Heshmat.
- Au pays des Taâlimets (Instructions)
The fate of Tunisian activist Tawfik Ben Brick.
- Arab Republic of Egypt—2010 Article IV Consultation Mission, Concluding Statement
- Court orders retrial in Tamim murder case - The National Newspaper
Mustafa, ya Mustafa...