Some recent links (as always, there's more on Delicious):
- Dr. Bouville's Existential Kitchen
Cooking with Jean-Paul Sartre.
- CPOST - Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism
Suicide bombing database.
- Fallen Empire: Dictator's Destroyed & Recycled Palaces | Design + Ideas on WU
- FT.com / Iran - Tehran closes two reformist journals
More crackdowns in Iran.
- Should Harvard Dump Martin Kramer? | Stephen M. Walt
Wal weights on Kramer's "end pro-natal subsidies to Gazans" lunacy.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.: U.S. awards Lockheed $213 million for initial work on F-16s for Egypt - OrlandoSentinel.com
US keeps F-16s flowing to Cairo in deal totaling over $3bn.
- FT.com / Columnists / Global Village - Israelis savour rise in kosher investments
After Islamic finance, Kosher finance.
- FT.com / Comment / Opinion - Israel is no more rogue than America
The problem when someone defends Israel's assassinations, is that they defend assassinations anywhere. Caveat Emptor.
- penser un autre monde
A sadly no longer updated Morocco left blog.
- المستشار طارق البشرى يكتب: محاولة لفهم الواقع والحاضر - بوابة الشروق
Tarek al-Bishri on the US role in Egypt's political crisis, and more. [Ar]
- Maroc: la fin de la «parenthèse enchantée»
Excellent reportage on the decline of press freedom in Morocco.
- YouTube - angryarabpeople's Channel
Angry Arab on YouTube (tv appearances)
- Collision course: The regime and ElBaradei | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Good piece by @linaattalah
- Op-Ed Columnist - Loosey-Goosey Saudi - NYTimes.com
Maureen Dowd manages to defend Israel and Saudi Arabia all at once.
- DUBAI: Exploring the American connection to alleged Mossad hit of Hamas figure | Babylon & Beyond | Los Angeles Times
On Payoneer's Israeli intelligence links.
- The Failure of Jihad in Saudi Arabia
Thomas Hegghammer says al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia is now practically non-existent.
- SYRIA’S STRATEGIC TIES TO THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC: DIPLOMACY IN THE POST-IRAQ/POST-PEACE PROCESS MIDDLE EAST « The Race for Iran
The Leveretts on Syria-Iran relations.
- Two Suspects in Dubai Murder Traveled to U.S. - WSJ.com
I'd like to see US authorities share the CCTV footage from their arrival.
- Morocco: Free Retired Colonel Held Unjustly | Human Rights Watch
Another Moroccan officer unjustly imprisoned for whistleblowing.
- BBC News - Jerusalem Diary: Found tribe
"Lost" Jewish tribe from Thailand now living in settlements. Do read Tudor Parfitt's book on the "lost tribes" mumbo-jumbo.