- On "Dual Loyalty" (2): A Response to Robert Satloff | Stephen M. Walt
Walt intellectually outguns Satloff to such an extent that's it's almost sad. Almost.
- Gaza’s Place in the West Bank “Miracle” | The Middle East Channel
At last someone blows a hole in the idea of a "West Bank economic miracle" - take that Bernard Avishai.
- Person removed from Egyptian Pyramids by Military Commandos as thousands watch - CNN iReport
- Political stirrings in Egypt, a land of little change
WaPo's take: ElBaradei out of touch.
- 3 members of ElBaradei campaign arrested in Kuwait | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Solidarity among autocrats, or Kuwaiti displeasure at politicized resident foreigners?
- Yemeni child bride dies of internal bleeding - CNN.com
Vile: 12-year-old girl dies during childbirth.
- Israel lifts gag order on arrest of 'spy' reporter
More details on story.
- End Israel’s U.S. Allowance So Both Can Gain: Celestine Bohlen - BusinessWeek
Just do it.
- Gaza power plant shuts down for lack of fuel (AFP)
Gaza now has no electricity.
- Reflections on a 'tortured part of the world' - Haaretz
Interesting historical docs on US-Israel relations.
- Arabic will die out if it is locked up in classrooms - The National Newspaper
Some good points, but some exaggeration too.
- It’s all about reconciliation: an interview with Tariq Ramadan « The Immanent Frame
Tariq Ramadan loves Nietzsche.
- Islam on the web: Bitter religious rivalry in the air | The Economist
- Libya: Why it is still stuck | The Economist
And will be until Qadhafis - all of them - are gone.
- The Strange Disappearance Of Anat Kam
More on the Israeli journalist who's disappeared due to govt censorship.
- Diplomat causes US plane scare
Qatari diplomat caught smoking in bathroom causes panic.
- Michael Slackman
Is giving a talk at St. John's Church in Maadi.
- Turkish PM: Israel is the main threat to Mideast peace - Haaretz - Israel News
- Scientists Discover Heavy New Element - NYTimes.com
Call it Ramilakium (only people in Egypt will get this.)
- The Gaza Strip: Hamas hangs on | The Economist
Good piece on Hamas' governance.
- RIP : Mohamed Bougrine
A Moroccan dissident imprisoned by three kings dies.
- Student outreach at AIPAC | Capital J | JTA
Creepy but instructional.
- Op-Ed Contributors - What Makes Chechen Women So Dangerous? - NYTimes.com
"As we have discovered in our research on Lebanon, the West Bank, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and elsewhere, suicide terrorist campaigns are almost always a last resort against foreign military occupation."
- FT.com / UK - KPMG ends ties with Iran
- Dr. Lani Kass
A good question from the good Col. Lang.
A long week of work and recovery from eating feseekh. Sorry for the last of posts!
Now for the links...