Rather out of it today...
- Jordan confirms rocket strike in Red Sea port city - Haaretz: This is an extremely bizarre story whereby a rocket was fired from Sinai, flew over Eilat, and crashed on Aqaba.
- Israel Bars Grand Mufti Of Jerusalem From Traveling
Dahlan has VIP pass, but not Mufti.
- Israel expels West Bank Palestinian to Gaza upon release from prison - Haaretz - Israel News
- Will Goldman Sachs prove greed is God? | Business | The Guardian
- P.S.: Is Colloquial Arabic Destroying the (Literary) World? Or Is It the Internet? « Arabic Literature (in English)
- Israel First: More on Dr. Lani Kass by Philip Giraldi -- Antiwar.com
- Companies Feeling More Pressure to Cut Ties to Iran - NYTimes.com
More disinvestment from Iran - a good model to apply to Israel.
- Obama Official, Clinton Defend U.S.-Syria Ties - Bloomberg.com
From non-existent scud allegations.
- No sign Scuds moved to Lebanon: U.S. officials | Reuters
So can we stop the panic now?q
- Hamas is accused of being moderate - latimes.com
This is a tough situation for Hamas, another sign of its losing hand.
- "friday-lunch-club": 'Al-Hayat': Russia Supplied Syria With S-300 Missiles
Air defense systems.
- Al-Ahram Weekly | Egypt | Diplomatic dynamite
Amr Moussa speak out on domestic politics, and gets pushed back.
- Al-Ahram Weekly | Opinion | Hijacking El-Baradei
Is ElBaradei the only thing Said writes about these days?
- Former senior diplomat eyes Egypt presidency bid Asharq Alawsat Newspaper (English)
A former amb. to Riyadh no less.
- Saudi Expert: Arabs Spend 5 Billion Dollars Annually on Magic and Sorcery Asharq Alawsat Newspaper (English)
No comment - although I think he exagerates.
- Has Chuck Schumer EVER Criticized Israel or its Leadership in the Way He Just Unloaded on Obama?
No, of course not.
- Comment: Is Palestinian Fatah Spying for Israel? « intelNews.org
Does the pope protect pedophiles?
- Netanyahu Rebuffs U.S. Plea to Stop Building - WSJ.com
Bibi gives Obama his no. What next? Also: "U.S. officials said Mr. Netanyahu's government has been communicating much of its position through the White House's senior Middle East adviser Dennis Ross, at times bypassing the Obama administration's special Mideast peace envoy George Mitchell."
- Bin Laden's Equine Diplomacy | Stephen M. Walt
Excellent piece on "strong horse" theory.