- The Middle East peace process: Get your plan ready, Mr Obama | The Economist
The Economist endorses an American solution.
- POMED Notes: “Previewing Egypt’s Upcoming Elections”
Dunne, Hamzawy, Sharp and more.
- The Vaudeville routine that has taken over American Jewry - Haaretz
- FT.com / Middle East - Gulf states set to spend more on armaments
Windfall for defense industry.
- FT.com / Middle East - Palestinians seek to 'dry out' West Bank settlements
Good good good.
- Nuke-free Mideast idea rises on global agenda
- Succession de Boutef et Mossad en menu principal à Paris
Elite dinner in Paris considers post-Boutef Algeria.
- Egyptian Chronicles: What Is In The Hand !!??
Another fantastic Zeinobia post.
- “There’s no there there”: The retreat of the Israeli state and US peace policy by Daniel Bertrand Monk and Daniel J. Levine | The Middle East Channel
A very interesting piece on Israeli politics.
- Pioneering publisher reshapes Egypt's literary landscape | World news | The Guardian
About Merit Publishing.
- Egypt’s Salafis: When my enemy’s foe isn’t my friend | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Good stuff in this series by Seif Nasrawi.
- Cthulhu Is Not Cute
I could not agree more.
- Sic Semper Tyrannis : Habakkuk on reality in the ME
Interesting post on a whole bunch of subjects.
- Samuel Maoz: my life at war and my hopes for peace | Film | The Observer
Profile of the Israeli director of "Lebanon."
- "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners" with Professor John J. Mearsheimer
Mearsheimer comes out as a one-stater.
- Palestinian Roads: Cementing Statehood, or Israeli Annexation?
On the bantustanisation of Palestine that will make a two-state solution impossible.
- The Nouveaux Pauvres
Oldie but goodie from Samir Raafat.
- U.K. comedian slams BBC over apology for anti-Israel skit - Haaretz - Israel News
BBC caves in again to lobby pressures.
- Now You Know How It Feels
Condensed Zeinobia brillance!
- max rodenbeck’s cairo the city victorious *book 10*
avantcaire on that fine book.
- Cairo Mediterranean Literary Festival
- The British election: Who should govern Britain? | The Economist
The Tories, says The Economist. Old Etonians stick together.
- New Statesman - Joe Public v the volcano
Zizek has a surprise ending.
- Protests Outside Egypt’s Parliament Test Government - NYTimes.com
On the labor protests.
Above, a participant in the May 2 labor demonstration outside of the office of the prime minister and the cabinet wears a panel comparing his salary and expenses to those of a minister. On his side of the ledger, the entries for meat and fruit, among others, are left blank.
And now, the links: