Above, al-Jazeera English report on Khaled Said if you haven't caught up to the story yet.
via Arabawy who has a video of the recent protests.
Sheikh al-Linkess yuqadim...
- The Sun in the Sky: The relationship between Pakistan’s ISI and Afghan insurgents
"Although the Taliban has a strong endogenous impetus, according to Taliban commanders the ISI orchestrates, sustains and strongly influences the movement."
- Mixed feelings define Mubarak's children in Egypt
- Egypt in awkward position on Gaza following Israeli attack on aid flotilla
- Obama’s Israel Policy Showing No Difference With Clinton-Bush - Bloomberg.com
You don't say.
- Facebook | انا اسمى خالد محمد سعيد
Facebook group for Khaled Said has 160,000 members and counting.
- The end of Israeli exceptionalism: Germany (Germany!) has a Mossad agent arrested « Coteret
- Egypt and Al Jazeera quibble over TV feed
AJ says Egypt messsing with football feed.
- EU urges Israel to lift its blockade of Gaza - Haaretz
On investigation: "To command the confidence of the international community this should include credible international participation."
- BBC News - ICRC says Israel's Gaza blockade breaks law
And they're the official guardians of international humanitarian law.
- Le vuvuzela est marocain et ce sont les Aissawa qui l’ont inventé
Funny Moroccan claim to the vuvuzela...
- Egypt must investigate brutal killing of young man
On Khaled Said.
- Amira Hass / Beatings, arrests, nighttime raids and dubious indictments - Haaretz
On the IDF's treatment of Palestinian children
- Photographs of Battered Israeli Commandos Show New Side of Raid - The Lede Blog - NYTimes.com
More roundups of Israeli disinformation.
- Egypt prepares new law for non-Muslims - Yahoo! News
Why not just a new civil marriage law for all?
- Where next for the Middle East? by Brian Whitaker
Whitaker's speech in Beirut conference.
- WikiLeaks and Julian Paul Assange : The New Yorker
- Vital River Is Withering, and Iraq Has No Answer - NYT
On Shatt al-Arab.
- GPI Map - 2010 < Global Peace Index < Vision of Humanity
Very cool interactive map with stats on peace and security.
- Gadaffi to pay £2bn to victims of IRA bombs - Times
More ridiculous payoffs. When will it be the other way around?
- Abbas to Obama: I'm against lifting of Gaza blockade - Haaretz
Astounding: "Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is opposed to lifting the naval blockade of the Gaza Strip because this would bolster Hamas, according to what he told United States President Barack Obama during their meeting at the White House Wednesday. Egypt also supports this position."
- Middle East Report 255: BDS in the USA, 2001-2010 by Noura Erakat
Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions: it's working.
- Post User Polls: Should Helen Thomas be removed from the White House Press Room? - Jodi Westrick
91% say no.
- Is Obama starting to prod Egypt on human rights?
- Report: Saudi Arabia gives Israel air corridor to bomb Iran - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Handle with caution.
- Europe and Gaza: Ideas from abroad | The Economist
More on the EU proposals for Gaza.
- Israel and Gaza: Who will sit in judgment? | The Economist
"Israel, meanwhile, has remained notably silent about Egypt’s decision last week to open the crossing between Gaza and Sinai at Rafah and its follow-up announcement on June 7th that the border would remain open indefinitely."
- Family says Egypt police brutally killed their son
AP on Khaled Said.
- Gaza flotilla inquiry must comply with standards, UN expert says
- Most Israelis back government in wake of boat raid: poll (AFP)
Transcript of secret 1975 conversation between Boutlika and Kissinger.
- Egypt's royal resurgence | Amira Nowaira | Comment is free
- ElBaradei faces open rebellion - The National
On the recent criticism.
- Machination policière au Maroc: communiqué d’Ali Amar et Zineb el Rhazaoui
Ibn Kafka on the legalities of the latest Tunisia-style attack on Moroccan journalists.
- Former elite officers reveal tensions in Iran regime
Reveals "deep divisions" within RG and more.
- Alan Dershowitz
His lack of academic integrity.
- The Islamic Republic of Sudan?
On Hassan al-Turabi and Iran-Sudan allegations.