- What do Arabs really think about Iran? by Amjad Atallah | The Middle East Channel
Countering the idea that Arab leaders want war with Iran.
- Egypt, poverty: Cairo's poor aren't sure how they fit in with redevelopment plans - latimes.com
Interesting piece on plans for urban planning.
- YouTube - Gaza flotilla video mashup: Internet Killed Israeli PR
- Jews and Islam: People of the book | The Economist
Achcar and Gilbert reviewed.
- Palestine's Jerusalem MPs: Just get out | The Economist
Incredible moves against Jlem MPs.
- Ramadan in Morocco: To fast or not to fast | The Economist
The individual liberties side of Ramadan.
- Ramadan in the summer heat: When everything slows down | The Economist
- Palestinian democracy: Under threat from all sides | The Economist
Shame: "In both parts of the Palestinian territories, most people accept their rulers’ decrees without a murmur, for fear they may otherwise be thumped. If they are lucky, dissenters are invited to tea with local intelligence officers. Repeat offenders are sent to prison. Applicants for a government job, such as a post as a teacher, must get a certificate of good conduct—in the West Bank from local security officials and in Gaza from the local mosque. So most people are wary of stepping out of line."
- Why the UN won’t solve Western Sahara (until it becomes a crisis) by Anna Theofilopoulou and Jacob Mundy | The Middle East Channel
I don't agree with most of this article, but it's main argument about why the conflict won't be solved is sound.
- Make Ramadan torture-free in Egypt | Osama Diab
Sure, but how about the other months?
- Robert Fisk: Butcher of Buchenwald in an Egyptian paradise
Nazis in Maadi.