Have been traveling — to Western Sahara, more on that later — so here is a long overdue link dump.
- In a Computer Worm, a Possible Biblical Clue - NYTimes.com
- From the Dept. of Intellectual Dishonesty | Center for a New American Security
Exum pwns Abrams — great post!
- Egypt Air and Palestinians
- The Angry Arab News Service | The propaganda of the New York Times: Neil MacFarquhar
- A post-negotiations future for the Middle East | The Middle East Channel
Ending the charade of talks.
- U.S. Jewish Groups Help Make Palestinian State Impossible - The Daily Beast
- On Israeli 'moratorium,' U.S. has taken sides - USATODAY.com
- 'Just World News' with Helena Cobban: 23% of Israelis ready to leave Israel at any hint of problems?
- A Jewish state or an Israeli democracy?
- Between Religion and Politics - Carnegie Endowment
New books on political Islamists by Brown and Hamzawy.
- Non-Arab states dictating the Arab political agenda - The National
Michael Young prefers having the US doing that.
- The battle against cyber-jihad | Brian Whitaker
Start with debunking Wahhabi garbage.
- Testimony of Samer Sarhan’s shooter, accepted by police, is proven invalid by Silwanic video « Wadi Hilweh Information Center – Silwan
Israeli soldier caught lying.
- The Associated Press: Iran sentences blogger to 19 years in prison
- Egypt mogul gets 15 years jail instead of death
The end of the great soap opera of the late (Hosni) Mubarak years.
- Al-Ahram chairman:doctored Mubarak photo well-received by authorities | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Abdel Moneim Said really missed an opportunity to shut up.
- Obama Presses for Peace in Likely Sudan Partition
Backs normalization with Sudan for peace, no focus on Bashir.
- American Jihadist Terrorism, and More from CRS
Long report on Islamist extremism in the US.
- New pressure on UJ to sever Israel ties - Mail & Guardian
Tutu, Breytenbach, etc. back BDS in South Africa.
- Muslims Report Rising Discrimination at Work - NYTimes.com
Complains up 20% since 2009 and 60% since 2005.
- Western Sahara: Polisario Arrests Rare Dissenter | Human Rights Watch
A strange defector...
- New Statesman - Western Sahara — the next desert storm
- Justice Undone
Former Annan aide supports Western Sahara independence.
- Will French Military Efforts Against AQIM Succeed? « Sahel Blog
- France24 - Qui sont les principaux émirs d'Aqmi ?
The Top 5.
- Commentary: The Arabs and Iran | The National Interest
- Un agent de la DST parmi les otages
Why are the Algerian services leaking that there is a French spy among the Mali AQMI hostages?
- Al-Ahram Weekly | The Ahram "photo" and the Western media's reaction
Abdel Moneim Saeed explains the Photoshop incident.
- Listen to the banned
Upcoming album of banned artists.
- Settlement freeze has barely slowed construction (AP)
So is a freeze a lure?
- Paris Review - The Art of Fiction No. 206, Michel Houellebecq
- Human rights are key to the MDGs | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Great piece on Millenium Development Goals and Egypt by Amnesty Head.
- Sayyid Qutb, man of his era - The National Newspaper
Review of a biography.
- Arab peace plan ideas 'more important than ever': Clinton
Yeah, really see that US support for the Arab initiative...
- Dickens in Lagos - Lapham’s Quarterly
The European 19th century lives on in the Third world, George Packer says.
- Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010)
McCain / Feingold bill on Egypt — a good text, actually.
- Violent Rhetoric in Sudan « Sahel Blog
- The Nuclear Domino Myth | Foreign Affairs
Just because Iran gets them doesn't mean everyone else will.
- Why taxes are low in the Middle East | Brian Whitaker
It's about the relationship between the people and the state.
- Doctoring photos of Egypt's Hosni Mubarak: Overexposure | The Economist
- Pop culture in the Muslim world: Five Things: The Sheikh's Batmobile | The Economist
Al-Ahram Weekly | Focus | A revival of Al-Azhar
Interesting piece by Hossam Tammam.
- Bill Clinton: Russian immigrants and settlers obstacles to Mideast peace | The Cable
But it's not only Russians: Netanyahu isn't Russian, for instance.
- Groups set boycott of Israeli troupe in N.Y. | JTA
A valiant effort.
- afrol News - Morocco, Algeria arms race accelerating
Or is it a generals' commission race?
- The Irrelevance of the International Muslim Brotherhood | The Middle East Channel
Nathan Brown lays it bare for all the alarmists.
- Kafka’s Last Trial - NYTimes.com
The fight over Kafka's papers.
- Bahrain: Shiite Cleric’s Citizenship Revoked, Tensions Build