What if I put out these links as individual short posts, but also did the roundups. Would people like that? By the way the latest links are always on my Twitter account, @arabist.
- Now is not the time to push Egypt's military on democratic elections? - CSMonitor.com
Dan Murphy picks up on my post.
- FEATURE-Cashing in on Egypt's black cloud | Reuters
Sounds like a good initiative.
- Israel confirms halt in Egyptian gas supplies after pipeline blast | Platts
What, sixth attack so far?
- Jailed Egyptian Blogger's Mother on Hunger Strike - ABC News
Laila Soueif, aka Um Alaa.
- Imiter : des villageois démunis tiennent toujours tête à l'ONA | Amazigh News
Poor villagers oppose king's silver mine in Morocco.
- Why do Sarkozy and Obama hate Netanyahu? - PostPartisan - The Washington Post
A fine example of the lobby at work.
- هل لديك كتاب لعلاء عبد الفتاح؟
A great column by @alaa's father-in-law, calling on Tantawi to apologize for #Maspero.
- Disgruntled passenger tries to open plane door mid-flight | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Grand Mufti was on plane.
- Post-Revolution Egypt Needs Orientalist Perverts | KABOBfest
Funny but: why bother even reading HuffPo?
- Obama-Sarkozy Gaffe Proving Troublesome in Washington « LobeLog.com
But there is no "lobby" of course
- Will Egypt's Islamists Win the Upcoming Elections? - The Daily Beast
Good if somewhat alarmist piece set in Qena.
- Elliott Abrams: Pressure Points » Egypt’s Election Law: Too Complicated For A New Democracy
For once I agree with Abrams.
- IISS - Signs of civil war in Syria
- IISS: Somali pirates widen their net
- Yelping with Cormac
Very well done - check out the Apple Store one.
- Analysis of Egypt's electoral system, by IFES
- Al-Qaeda affiliate flexing its muscles in the Maghreb - Right Turn - The Washington Post
Utter bullshit agitprop by Jennifer Rubin, as usual.