We were away in Tunisia in late October and never got a chance to do the podcast we had promised from there — we were too busy enjoying the well-organized election, promising democratic prospects and excellent fish. We catch up and talk what we saw there, why Egypt is so much worse off with its own upcoming elections, and agree that the French need to grow up about Islamism.
Links for this week's episode:
- Tunisia Moves to the Next Stage
- Ben Ali in La Goulette
- What role for the army in Egypt's next constitution?
- Yousri Fouda on Hardtalk on SCAF, censorship
- Alaa Abdel Fattah's letter from prison
- In Translation: Alaa Abdel Fattah on Meena Daniel
- Of Tunisia and Egypt
- A personal note on Tunisia's elections