- Baghdad blasts are latest in a country where stability remains an illusion
- Egypt’s revolution turns into media war - FT.com
Good piece by Heba Saleh.
- Deadly Explosions Rock Baghdad Amid Political Crisis - NYTimes.com
- Militant Hamas agrees to join PLO umbrella in key step toward unifying Palestinian leadership - The Washington Post
- Egypt: Will Parliamentary Elections Unleash a Conflict of Legitimacies? | Arab Reform Initiative
- Israel Says 4 European Countries Are Meddling in Its Affairs - NYTimes.com
Another reason for EU to leave Quartet.
- Tunisia lawmaker walks up to democracy, grabbing it by the hand - latimes.com
- What can prevent state failure? | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- FJP Statement on Clashes and Power Transfer Initiatives
Nixes power transfer because they're so afraid of not completing elections, stick to constitutional declaration.
- Syria: the clock is ticking - Brian Whitaker's blog
- Israeli officials escalate war of words with N.Y. Times | JTA
NYT finally comes to see liberal zionism as oxymoron.
- News from The Associated Press
RT @AP: In a rare protest, Egypt's women take on ruling generals, further eroding the military's prestige: -CJ
- Welcome to Google Docs
Contribute to the big Mac index by entering Apple product prices from your country here: (Google Docs)
- Thousands of women denounce military violence against female protesters
Love the turnout RT @DailyNewsEgypt: Thousands of women denounce military violence against female protesters
Sandmonkey resurfaces — very astute reading, esp. questions about deep state.
- Egypt's Transition Can't Wait | Marc Lynch
Egypt's transition can't wait -- my new post arguing in favor of selecting a President by February.
- Egypt’s unfinished revolution | openDemocracy
Egypt's unfinished revolution
- Military official: Soldiers on trial for Maspero, virginity tests - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
#Egypt Military official announces that Soldiers are actually being prosecuted for Maspero events & virginity tests
- VIDEO: Egyptian soldiers beat Tahrir woman, couple
It should, but will it really? RT @Goldberg3000: Egypt's army is going to reap the whirlwind for this:
- شباب الثورة يتهم العسكري بتدبير أحداث مجلس الوزراء (فيديو) | محيط
#egypt's revolutionary youth coalition accuses #SCAF of masterminding #OccupyCabinet clashes: (via @SultanAlQassemi)
- Egypt's radical Islamist party says will respect peace treaty with Israel - Haaretz
They will do whatever intelligence tells them to do.
- Syria releases blogger on bail: media rights group
Razan Ghazzawi is out.
- In Tunisia, a Clash Between the Religious and the Secular - The Chronicle of Higher Education
By our own Ursula Lindsey
- California man leads lobbying to halt U.S. aid to Egypt
- Adl Party member tortured by military police released | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Member of @eladlparty tortured by military police: #Egypt
- Exclusive: Secret U.S., Taliban talks reach turning point | Reuters
Fascinating Reuters article on how secret U.S. -Taliban talks are close to a turning point:
- Brotherhood claims 37% of list-based seats in second phase of elections | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Brotherhood claims 37% of list-based seats in second phase of elections #Egypt #EgyElections
- Al Adl Wal Ihsane arrête sa participation au Mouvement du 20 février | Demain
Justice and Spirituality, large #Morocco Islamist illegal movement, announces that will stop to protest against regime.
- Isabel Hilton reviews ‘Nothing to Envy’ by Barbara Demick · LRB 10 June 2010
What do we know about North Korea? (subscribers only, alas) #archives
- (The Coffin) by: Abdallah al-Ghazal*
Imtidad blog: (The Coffin) a #novel by Libyan novelist Abdallah al-Ghazal on the Toyota war in #Libya
- La opción de volver a las armas se escucha en Tifariti - Terra Colombia
Jóvenes saharauis piden congreso #Polisario volver lucha armada contra #Marruecos. Esa decisión se toma en Argel.
- Kanaal van aljazeeramubasher - YouTube
Ladies & gentlemen, this is by far, the biggest protest that ever took place in the capital of #Syria in 10 months:
- No to Military Trials for Civilians: Half an Hour With Khaled
Latest by Alaa Abdelfattah.