- Don’t deal with despotic regimes: EU must learn its lesson - Amnesty International
Don't deal with them at all?
- Bin Laden against attacks on civilians, deputy says | News by Country | Reuters
A big deal I missed earlier, even if it only applies to Muslims.
- Libya regime treating journalists like idiots – but ones who are useful to them | World news | The Guardian
"A government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim, speaking to a scrum of journalists ahead of an anticipated speech by Gaddafi at the hotel warned photogrtaphers not to go up to the first floor to take photographs, saying: "If you go upstairs, you'll be shot dead immediately. I'm just warning you. I'm tyring to be helpful.""
- The Muslim Brotherhood After Mubarak
Carrie Rosefsky Wickham
- The Gaddafi connection | Gareth Peirce | Comment is free | The Guardian
"As to why this small group required such urgent and extreme attention, parallel chronologies provide some clues. In 2005 Libyan oilfields were made available for public auction. Might there have been a two-way accommodation? You give us oil, we give you your dissidents?"
- The Libyan Republic - The Interim Transitional National Council
Website of the rebel movement.
- Egypt removes NDP related content in education curricula | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
20%!!! "The Egyptian Education Ministry, headed by Ahmed Gamal Eddin Moussa, will remove roughly 20 percent of educational material in Egypt's school curricula, ministry sources said on Tuesday. The removals will come in each subject and all grades and will largely include content related to the former ruling National Democratic Party and its achievements, according to the sources."
- Violence in Egypt widens | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
- OR Books — Tweets from Tahrir: Egypt’s revolution as it unfolded, in the words of the people who made it, edited by Nadia Idle and Alex Nunns
You have to wonder if they got permission to republish the tweets.
- Gaza's fortunes in a changing Middle East? by Geoffrey Aronson | The Middle East Channel
Egypt, Gaza and the closing of the Karni crossing.
- Middle East unrest inspires Spanish protests? ¡Democracia Real YA!