This week, Ashraf Khalil is back and we talk about the worrying turn Egypt's transition has taken, between the reinstatement of the Emergency Law, restrictions on media, threats against strikers and more. We also discuss Turkish PM Recep Erdogan's visit to Cairo, his reception by the army and Islamists, and which Turkish model is applicable in Egypt — if any.
Links for this week's episode:
- Wael Ghonim's letter to Tantawi
- The Emergency Law needs to go
- More on the counter-revolution
- Breaking the US-Egypt-Israel triangle
- Erdogan vs. Egyptian Islamists
- Duman Band