- Le monde selon Gilles Kepel - Information - France Culture
Kepel in Cairo on MB, etc. This is a weekly show so bookmark it if you speak French.
- Egypt’s Brotherhood floats immunity for generals - The Washington Post
- Emir of Qatar favors Arab troops in Syria - CBS News
- Feral Cats and Social Indicators in Bangladesh - NYTimes.com
Horrible-but-ultimately-uplifting story by Bengladesh by @danbung
- Egypt's “Honorable Officers” Will Spend Jan 25 Anniversary in Jail
Do read this.
- Blast kills Shia pilgrims in Basra
At least 30 killed.
- Two Perspectives on Egypt’s Transition - Freedom at Issue
- Tunisia: Ideology v practicality | The Economist
- Egypt’s religious divisions: Not so “Happy Christmas” | The Economist
- Video and human rights: Visibility before all | The Economist
- Freedom & Justice Party FJP
Bill Burns visits M. Morsi, marks beg. of new era, gets lectured about US policy.
- The Tunisian trend of self-immolations
- Iran and the Terrorism game
Glenn Greenwald picks up on the double-talk used to describe the assassination of Iranian nuclear scientists.
- Critical Muslim | The Muslim Institute
- Ezzedine Choukri Fishere and Nasser Iraq make it to the Arabic Booker Shortlist - Books - Ahram Online
- Moran: The administration never really fought to close Guantanamo | The Cable
- Tunisian Colonel sacked amid fears of coup
The tough part of transitional justice begins.
- A Loud Voice for Egyptian Resistance Movement - NYT
Good profile of M. Hashem by Abdalla Hassan.
- Jackson Lears reviews ‘The Other Barack’ by Sally Jacobs and ‘A Singular Woman’ by Janny Scott · LRB 5 January 2012
First sentence: "To those of us who hoped that Barack Obama’s election marked a departure from right-wing rule, the president’s failure of leadership has been stunning."
- Adversaries of Iran Said to Be Stepping Up Covert Actions - NYT
So surely covert attacks on Israel will be fine, right?
- 19 free ebooks on journalism (for your Xmas Kindle) | Online Journalism Blog
- The Noise of Cairo (Trailer) on Vimeo
Interesting documentary on the art scene post-revolution.