- Regime still using Mubarak-era tactics to crush dissent, say lawyers | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Some say worse than Mubarak. By @sarahcarr.
- People have the right to revolt against tyrants, says grand sheikh | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- Five myths about the Arab Spring
For once I agree with Fouad Ajami.
- Egypt: Dismantle Tools of Repression
HRW's recommendations to the new parliament.
- A look inside AQIM « al-Wasat – الوسط
On the Mali-Niger side.
- Asserting Its Sovereignty, Iraq Detains American Contractors - NYTimes.com
No kidding they don't like mercenaries. Probably want to replace these with their own.
- April 6 Movement calls on People's Assembly to 'instantly' end emergency law - Ahram
Bet they won't.
- Is Mubarak's trial going anywhere? | Al-Masry Al-Youm
A good roundup of where things stand.
- Charlie Rose - Continued discussion about Iran
Feat. Gary Sick, David Ignatius. etc.
- On anniversary of Gaza war, we will remember IDF soldiers who destroyed Palestinian families - Haaretz
- Veteran Israeli settler leader says democracy has become obstacle to settling the land - The Washington Post
- Algeria: The “dur” who came in from the cold « al-Wasat – الوسط
I had missed this excellent post on recent intrigue in Algeria's regime.
- New Statesman - Israel's law keeping Arab families apart
- Edging toward intervention in Syria - Intervention - Salon.com
- Russia protecting its Middle East allies - The National
- Felix Arabia: Observations from Cairo
A harsh take with a lot of truth in it.
- Hysterical 'Anti-Semitic' Claim Backfires – Forward.com
That someone has to actually write this is scary: "The fact is, my non-Jewish colleagues at CAP — indeed, all Americans — should be able to criticize Israel’s actions irrespective of their ethnic identity."
- The Empires Strike Back - NYTimes.com
On France and Turkey in the M.E.
- Syria, in Deep Crisis, May Be Slipping Out of Control - NYTimes.com
- BBC News - Shia protester 'shot dead' in Saudi Arabia
- BBC News - Syria crisis: Qatar calls for Arabs to send in troops
- “Israel, if you want to be welcome in U.S., don’t pull this kind of crap.”
+972 interviews Mark Perry.
- Inside Story - Egypt's Islamists: Threat or opportunity?
Feat. Josh Stacher, Diaa Rashwan - interesting.
- Arabs in the shadows of their neighbors -by Hisham Melhem | The Middle East Channel
- Spoils of Ben Ali regime remain elusive - FT.com
- MEI Editor's Blog: Can This Possibly Be Real? Apparent Syrian Pro-Asad Propaganda Video Uses Darth Vader Theme
- ولي العهد يدشن حديقة الحيوانات بالرباط - YouTube
The crown prince of Morocco visits the revamped Temara zoo. I used to love that place as a kid.
- Whoever Killed the Scientist Was Aiming at Much More « LobeLog.com
- The Bibi Connection | Al Akhbar English
How Bibi is gunning for Barack, by Max Blumenthal.
- EU on verge of abandoning hope for a viable Palestinian state - The Independent
- Morocco's elected government vies with king's men | ajc.com
- On Iran, how far is too far? - Los Angeles Times
- Why Iran Assassinations Are Backfiring, Aiding Nuclear Program - The Daily Beast
- Britain and Bahrain: just good friends
Of Bahrain and its lobbyists.