- Tribal loyalties sway votes in south Egypt - FT.com
Nice reporting by Heba Saleh from Qena.
- Best of the blogs | openDemocracy
Arabist is cited here, in good company.
- As-Safir Newspaper - فاسم قصير: التيارات السلفية في مصر: فوز راسخ... أم حالة عابرة؟
On Salafis in Egypt
- Prophecy and Deliverance: Reading al-'Azm in An Age of Revolution
Review by Adam Shatz
- حصريا : قصيدة تميم البرغوثى ياشعب مصر مع الكلمات كاملة
Great 'aamiya poem by Tamim Barghouti.
- Saddam’s mechanics of power are little changed - FT.com
- No to Military Trials for Civilians: The One Citizen – by Maikel Nabil
- Why we (keep) fighting
Interesting post on US military power
- Who leads the (Wahhabized) Muslim mainstream?
Another great post from Andrew Hammond.
- Egypt's prison shootings: What happened?
Egypt's prison shootings: What happened? on @GlobalPost #Egypt #SCAF #Jan25
- Egyptian Court Bans Army’s ‘Virginity Tests,’ Calls Them Degrading - The Daily Beast
- .@alaa released and live tweets of his latest TV interview | moftasa.net
- A firsthand account: Detained by the army for walking | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- Best Books on the Middle East, 2011
Marc Lynch's pick.