Some handcrafted links I didn't have time to bookmark properly:
- Mitt and Newt Play Admiral, Get Lost at Sea | Danger Room | Wired.com
- US/Israel: Iran NOT Building Nukes | Consortiumnews
- Who should save Egypt's archives? - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
- BBC News - Gulf Arab states to pull observers from Syria
- Collectively failing Syrian society - International Crisis Group
- The Iraqi Revolution We'll Never Know - By Michael Wahid Hanna | Foreign Policy
- Egypt's Former Interior Minister Innocent Of Charges He Ordered Killings, Lawyer Says | Fox News
- Algeria is strangely quiet—at least for now | The Best Defense
- The plot to topple the state | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
- Bedouin take control of Egypt holiday resort, demand $660 million ransom - Haaretz (Update: of course that figure is wrong, it should be $660,000)
- BBC News - Parts of Homs 'starting to look like a city at war'
- The Seventy Percent by Bassem Sabry | Cairo Review of Global Affairs
And the usual that already went out on Twitter:
- BBC News - Egypt's Lake Fayoum hotel project seen as test case
Then there was NO PORTO FAYOUM #Egypt #Jan25
- Souheir al-Atassi: comment les révolutionnaires préparent la Syrie de l'après-Assad| Mediapart
How Syrian revolutionaries are preparing for post-Assad.
- Muslim Brotherhood, other Islamists have changed their worldview - The Washington Post
- An Arab Citizen - مواطن عربي: A Few Thoughts On An Historic First Day For The Egyptian Parliament
- What the New York police are taught about jihad | Sean Rocha
- Muftah » Water Apartheid: The French Report that Reveals It All
Israel's theft of Palestinian water.
- How Wael Ghonim Became the Symbol of the Egyptian Revolution -- New York Magazine
- One Fine Day in Liberation Square - By Ashraf Khalil | Foreign Policy
Excerpt from Ashraf's book.
- Why Won't Saudi Arabia Write Down its Laws? - By Nathan J. Brown | The Middle East Channel
- How the World Could—And Maybe Should—Intervene in Syria - Anne-Marie Slaughter - International - The Atlantic
- Harassment in Egypt - The Washington Post
Missed this last week - WaPo calls for conditioning of mil. aid on reopening NGOs.
- Why We’re Not Going to War with Iran | RedState
Surprising these days from a conservative site.
- Saudi Labor Strikes: Rebirth of a Suppressed Tradition | Al Akhbar English
- Military council asks Egyptians to stand united on revolution anniversary - Ahram
Medals for everyone a joke, but at least many military prisoners released.
- Hamas: The Growing Distance from Damascus | Al Akhbar English
Argues that "regional party" pushed Meshaal on Syria.
- Al-Ahram Weekly | Region | Israel crushing middle-class Palestinians
- The U.S.: Still the protector of Mideast strongmen [Blowback] - latimes.com