Recently bookmarked and tweeted...
- Will Egypt's New Constitution Take the Country Backwards? | The Nation
- Pakistani Activist, 14, Is Shot by Taliban - NYTimes.com
- Reading the MorsiMeter in Egypt - NYTimes.com
My latest Latitudes post, on Morsi's speech.
- Syrian massacre is veiled in silence - FT.com
- The crisis of the Israel lobby | Mondoweiss
- U.S. Military Sent to Jordan on Syria Crisis - NYTimes.com
- As Assad Hangs On, Turkey Confronts Failure on Syria - Al-Monitor
- Syrians are torn between a despotic regime and a stagnant opposition | Hassan Hassan
- POMED Notes – Syria After Assad: Managing the Challenges of Transition
- Understanding Algeria's Northern Mali Policy | Think Africa Press
- Egyptian labour movement accuses Morsi of betrayal - Ahram Online
- English text: President Morsi's pardon decree for revolution prisoners - Ahram Online
Good on ya Morsi.
- Sadat family angry over Tarek al-Zomor's attendance of war ceremony | Egypt Independent
You don't say.
- Salafis launch new political party | Egypt Independent
The more the merrier.
- Morsi code reveals stance on army - FT.com
- Consider the human costs of using the “military option” on Iran’s nuclear facilities « LobeLog.com
- Romney Remains Vague on Foreign Policy Details - NYTimes.com
Bottom-line, it's still mostly neocon.
- The Reality of Anti-Blasphemy Laws - The Daily Beast
- Antipiracy Soldiers Stranded in Somalia - NYTimes.com
- Jon Stewart's Theater of the Absurd
How the Daily Show brownnosed King Abdullah of Jordan
- Mubarak’s class biases remain in place - Ahram Online
- Egypt’s constitution: An endless debate over religion’s role | The Economist
- Iran sanctions now causing food insecurity, mass suffering | Glenn Greenwald
- [toread] Global Facebook Network Connections on the Eve of the Arab Spring (Image) | Informed Comment
RT @jricole: Global Facebook Network Connections on the Eve of the Arab Spring (Image)
- Political Islam and the Fate of Two Libyan Brothers - NYT
On Abu Yahya al-Libi and his brother.
- Israeli Jets Down Drone
Another Hizbullah drone?
- L'Algérie en deuil après la mort de l'ex-président Chadli
- The Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt's Coming Economic Storm
Alarmist stuff from former USAID head Andrew Natsios
- Abdel Ghafour: No reconciliation with the rest of Nour Party - Ahram Online
- Egypt's Copts, Jews, Islamists Compromise on Constitution - Al-Monitor
Er… not sure any jews asked about constitution.
- Iran’s nuclear programme: A red line and a reeling rial | The Economist
- Egypt’s hardline Islamist party unravels, pointing to fragility in political Islam - The Washington Post
- Protesters March Against War in Istanbul as Tension With Syria Escalates - NYTimes.com
- Muslim-Christian Relations After the “Arab Spring”–Disappointing Special Journal Issue « CONNECTED in CAIRO
In other news, most academia boring.
- Constituent Assembly launches LE60,000 constitution awareness campaign | Egypt Independent
$9-10,000? Why bother?
- Constitution draft raises concern about women’s rights | Egypt Independent
- ‘It Is Our Soul’: The Destruction of Aleppo, Syria’s Oldest City
- Egypt has refused aid for NGOs worth hundreds of millions of pounds, says minister | Egypt Independent
For "national security" reasons.
- Former Pentagon official Discusses Obama’s Syria Policy « LobeLog.com
- Refugees, Transnational Rebels, and the Syrian Civil War | Political Violence @ a Glance